Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reception Reports: Jan. 15, 2010 OH Boy, It's Illinois! (Chicago and Decatur, IL with Cleveland, OH and Detroit, MI)


Mid-January brought an AMAZING tropo opening that allowed long distance signals to come in for about three days! This was Day One of my adventure receiving TV stations from Chicago, IL / Decatur, IL / Cleveland, OH and Detroit, MI on Jan. 15, 2010 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Chicago's WMAQ popped up off and on through much of the night (and is a lofty 446.25 miles away from me!) I also picked up Chicago's WPWR, and Decatur, IL's WBUI (Which is 542 miles away!) I also saw more familiar reception from Cleveland's WEWS and Detroit's WMYD. Distances provided are approximate.

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for January 15, 2010.

Channels from Chicago, IL [446 miles] were:
5-1 (RF29) WMAQ (NBC)
5-2 (RF29) NBC5-WX (Weather)
5-3 (RF29) NBC5-US (NBC Universal Sports)
50-1 (RF51) WPWR (MyTV)

Channels from Decatur, IL [542 miles] were:
23-1 (RF22) WBUI (CW)
23-2 (RF22) WBUI (THIS TV) Decatur, IL

Channels from Cleveland, OH [213 miles] were:
5-1 (RF15) WEWS (ABC)

Channels from Detroit, MI [222 miles] were:
20-1 (RF21) WMYD (MyTV)

Click here for a quick recap of the whole weekend's reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment