Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy (Belated) Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!

Let us celebrate and remember Martin Luther King, Jr. for his efforts to convey the message of peace, unity and understanding!

(This was supposed to go up earlier, but I got backlogged. All pictures are from Cleveland, OH’s WEWS, from their Monday morning newscast.)

IMG_8223 IMG_8441

The WEWS newscast also showed artwork created by school children to celebrate Dr. King’s life. While it wasn’t a holiday in Canada, many schools in the Toronto area still recognized Dr. King’s importance and held assemblies to celebrate his life.

IMG_8443

IMG_8444

No comments:

Post a Comment