Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Reception Reports: A "Summer-y" of June 28-30, 2009 including Rochester, Erie and WGBH E-Skip!


This was my adventure DXing TV stations from Rochester, NY / Erie, PA and an analog E-skip from Boston, MA's WGBH on June 28-30, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. I was deprived of DXing when I was at the annual Gay Pride Parade for three days in Downtown Toronto, so it was awesome to come home to some nice tropo enhancement! This was my first time capturing WICU's morning news. I also captured some E-Skip from Boston, MA's WGBH (which was showing a DTV information loop from a This Old House show.) As a bonus, I've included a pic of the one time I saw a digital E-Skip *trying* to come in on RF2, but it never got strong enough to lock.

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for June 28-30, 2009.

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
10-1 (RF10) WHEC (NBC)
10-2 (RF10) WHEC-DT (WX)
13-1 (RF13) WHAM (ABC)
13-2 (RF13) CW-WHAM (CW)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
21-2 (RF16) WXXI-W (PBS World)
21-3 (RF16) WXXI-C (PBS Create/Thinkbright)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)

E-Skip stations were:
Ch. 2 WGBH (PBS) Boston, MA (analog)
Ch. 2 (unidentified DTV station)

Analog tropo nightlight:
Ch. 21 WXXI (PBS) Rochester, NY

Stay tuned to TV Garth for more Reception Reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment