Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Reception Reports: A "Summer-y" of June 25-26, 2009 including Rochester, Erie, and some analog E-Skip!


Take a look at the crazy storm weather on the Rochester map above, as seen on 10-1 WHEC! This was my adventure DXing TV stations from Rochester, NY / Erie, PA and a few analog E-skips from nightlight stations on June 25-26, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. This was just before I took off for three days to partake in the annual Gay Pride Parade in Downtown Toronto. On the 25th, there were severe thunderstorm warnings for Rochester and area, plus the sad news of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson's passings that day. On the 26th, I caught analog E-Skip including WFMY, KPRC and an unidentified Ch. 2 station. (I actually ended up being late getting downtown for Pride weekend on the 26th because I noticed the strength of the E-skip activity and stayed to observe it!)

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for June 25-26, 2009.

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
10-1 (RF10) WHEC (NBC)
10-2 (RF10) WHEC-DT (WX)
13-1 (RF13) WHAM (ABC)
13-2 (RF13) CW-WHAM (CW)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
21-3 (RF16) WXXI-C (PBS Create/Thinkbright)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)

Channels from Erie, PA were:
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)

Analog E-Skip stations were:
Ch. 2 WFMY (CBS) Greensboro, NC
Ch. 2 KPRC (NBC) Houston, TX
Ch. 2 (unidentified....maybe UNC-TV?)

Analog semi-local nightlight:
Ch. 2 WGRZ (NBC) Buffalo, NY

Stay tuned to TV Garth for more Reception Reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment