Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Reception Reports: A "Summer-y" of June 24, 2009 with Rochester, Utica, Erie & Bad Axe!


Check out the Bollywood hotness above, as seen on Bad Axe, Michigan's WDCQ! This was my adventure DXing TV stations from Rochester, NY / Utica, NY / Erie, PA and Bad Axe, MI on June 24, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Utica's WKTV rolled in again, along with the usual Rochester stations and one new surprise - WDCQ! On RF 15, WDCQ was my first digital catch from Michigan! (It rolled in so briefly I had to go back to my DVR recording to get some more pics of it.) This day also brought a more extensive look at Erie, PA's WICU in which I captured some great local Erie ads and station logos!

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for June 24, 2009.

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
10-1 (RF10) WHEC (NBC)
10-2 (RF10) WHEC-DT (WX)
13-1 (RF13) WHAM (ABC)
13-2 (RF13) CW-WHAM (CW)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
21-2 (RF16) WXXI-W (PBS World)
21-3 (RF16) WXXI-C (PBS Create/Thinkbright)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)

Channels from Utica, NY were:
2-1 (RF29) WKTV (NBC)
2-2 (RF29) WKTVDT2 (CW)

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)

Channels from Bad Axe, MI were:
19-1 (RF15) WDCQ-1 (PBS)
19-2 (RF15) WDCQ-2 (PBS)
19-3 (RF15) WDCQ-3 (PBS)
19-4 (RF15) WDCQ-4 (PBS)

Stay tuned to TV Garth for more Reception Reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment