Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reception Reports: Nov. 13, 2009 An Erie, PA morning, along with Michigan's Detroit and Ann Arbor on the way to robust Rochester, NY!


The above pic is a wonderful shot of Detroit seen early in the morning on WDIV! (I believe the camera relaying the shot is actually stationed in Windsor, Ontario!) This pic was from my adventure receiving TV stations from Erie, PA / Detroit, MI / Ann Arbor, MI and Rochester, NY on Nov. 13, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Erie, PA and Michigan held on through the early morning, but gave way to a VERY strong Rochester, NY in the afternoon through the late night. In the morning, during the last wave of Michigan tropo, I caught Ann Arbor's WPXD on RF31 for the first time! I also captured parts of newscasts from Erie and Detroit.

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for November 13, 2009.

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
12-2 (RF12) WBEP (CW)
12-3 (RF12) WSEE (CBS)

Channels from Detroit, MI were:
4-1 (RF45) WDIV (NBC)
4-2 (RF45) WDIV-SD (THIS TV)
20-1 (RF21) WMYD (MyTV)

Channels from Ann Arbor, MI were:
31-1 (RF31) WPXD (ION)
31-2 (RF31) WPXD (qubo)
31-3 (RF31) WPXD (IONLife)
31-4 (RF31) WPXD (Worship)

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
10-1 (RF10) WHEC (NBC)
10-2 (RF10) WHEC-DT (WX)
13-1 (RF13) WHAM (ABC)
13-2 (RF13) CW-WHAM (CW)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
21-2 (RF16) WXXI-W (PBS World)
21-3 (RF16) WXXI-C (PBS Create)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)
42-1 (RF42) W42CO-D (TCT)

No comments:

Post a Comment