Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Reception Reports: Nov. 12, 2009 Part 1 An Erie Day In November!


Take a look at the above pic for a glimpse of the much improved set for WSEE's news! This was my adventure receiving TV stations from Erie, PA on November 12, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. The day was such a gigantic opening for DXing that I had to split my photos into two sets. Erie, PA dominated through most of the day from morning until night (5am - 12am approx.) Erie later gave way to Rochester, NY and the second big Michigan opening in November with stations from Detroit, Bad Axe, and Flint! I captured many newscasts and lots of commercials about the upcoming holiday season! Part 1 of my photos covers the Erie, PA reception.

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for November 12, 2009 Part 1.

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
12-2 (RF12) WBEP (CW)
12-3 (RF12) WSEE (CBS)
35-1 (RF16) WSEE (CBS)
35-2 (RF16) WBEP (CW)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)
66-1 (RF22) WFXP (FOX)

No comments:

Post a Comment