Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reception Reports: Oct. 29, 2009 A day of Erie, PA during the regional US elections and Halloween mayhem!


This was my adventure receiving TV stations from Erie, PA on October 29, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. It was a unique day as the signals from WICU and WQLN were there for almost the whole day. They did drop in and out frequently, but pretty much from 5am - 12am they popped up. I captured lots of news coverage, and some of the very patriotic sets used for the regional US elections, along with political ads for many candidates. (Including some crazy attack ads!) There were also lots of Halloween related commercials and segments! The tropo enhancements may have been reduced in October, but this was a great day for Erie DXing!

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for October 29, 2009.

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
12-2 (RF12) WBEP (CW)
12-3 (RF12) WSEE (CBS)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)

No comments:

Post a Comment