Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reception Reports: Nov. 7-8, 2009 with Michigan Mayhem! Bad Axe, Flint, Kalamazoo, & Detroit as well as Erie & Rochester!


This was my adventure receiving TV stations from Bad Axe, MI / Flint, MI / Kalamazoo, MI / Detroit, MI / Erie, PA and Rochester, NY on November 7-8, 2009 from my home in Markham, Ontario, Canada. As you can see from the cities listed, it was a giant opening to Michigan. I was shocked to find signals coming from cities I had never picked up before! I got a more extensive look at Bad Axe's WDCQ, and got three new channels this night (WSMH, WFUM and WLLA!) It was also a unique night, as I picked up many different signals on the same RF channels at different times. RF45 brought WLLA, WDIV and WROC. RF16 brought in both WSMH and WXXI. RF28 brought in WFUM as well as WUHF. An amazing (and unexpected) night of DXing this late in the season!

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for November 7-8, 2009.

Channels from Bad Axe, MI were:
19-1 (RF15) WDCQ (MHz Worldview)
19-2 (RF15) WDCQ (PBS)
19-3 (RF15) WDCQ (PBS Create)
19-4 (RF15) WDCQ (PBS Kids / HD)

Channels from Flint, MI were:
28-1 (RF28) WFUM (PBS)
28-2 (RF28) WFUM-SD (PBS Create)
66-1 (RF16) WSMH (FOX)

Channels from Kalamazoo, MI were:
64-1 (RF45) WLLA (FamilyNet)

Channels from Detroit, MI were:
4-1 (RF45) WDIV (NBC)
4-2 (RF45) WDIV-SD (THIS TV)
20-1 (RF21) WMYD (MyTV)

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
12-2 (RF12) WBEP (CW)
12-3 (RF12) WSEE (CBS)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
21-2 (RF16) WXXI-W (PBS World)
21-3 (RF16) WXXI-C (PBS Create)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)
42-1 (RF42) W42CO-D (TCT)

No comments:

Post a Comment