Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reception Reports: Sept. 3, 2009 including Rochester, Utica, Syracuse & Erie!

2009-09-03 427

Greetings TV Garth readers! Sept. 3, 2009 was another amazing reception day, as I picked up everything from Rochester, NY along with Syracuse NY, Utica NY, and Erie PA!

I captured tons of newscasts! Plus check out my gallery for a great set of snaps of an ad covering the history of Syracuse’s WSYR! (WSYR was also doing continuing coverage of the New York State Fair this day, including showing off some delicious cookies!) There were also many promos for the “big change” that was coming for WSYR’s weather on 9/9/09.

2009-09-03 313

Meanwhile, Utica’s WKTV was covering Saranac Thursday which is a big Central New York event. There was also coverage on Erie’s WICU and WSEE about Erie’s school district having some amazing scholastic results, as well as a new local production of Primal Fear (the two events were not related, though.) I also saw part of an ep of Style By Jury on Utica’s WKTVDT2. This show drives me crazy! It seems extreme to lure someone who’s supposedly unattractive into a room for an “interview” where they get judged strictly on their looks by a hidden jury behind the wall. If they submit to the show’s whims, they get an extreme makeover, and voila they’re supposedly “improved.” The ep captured in my gallery shows a sassy punky woman with a blonde mohawk, and I think she was just fine the way she was, garters and all!

2009-09-03 134

“Come with us! We’ll strip you of your individuality!”

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for Sept 3, 2009.

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
10-1 (RF10) WHEC (NBC)
10-2 (RF10) WHEC-DT (WX)
13-1 (RF13) WHAM (ABC)
13-2 (RF13) CW-WHAM (CW)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)
42-1 (RF42) W42CO-D (TCT)

Channels from Syracuse, NY were:
9-1 (RF17) WSYR (ABC)
9-2 (RF17) WSYR-2

Channels from Utica, NY were:
2-1 (RF29) WKTV (NBC)
2-2 (RF29) WKTVDT2 (CW)
20-1 (RF30) WUTR (ABC)
20-2 (RF30) WPNY (MyTV)

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
12-2 (RF12) WBEP (CW)
12-3 (RF12) WSEE (CBS)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)

Stay tuned to TV Garth for more Reception Reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment