Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reception Reports: Flickr-ing Through Sept 2, 2009!

Hello TV Garth readers, this is my first attempt at the “new” style of reception report which will be a brief summary of my reception and a link to a Flickr gallery filled with ginormous amounts of pics from the day of reception in question!

2009-09-02 145

Sept. 2, 2009 was a GREAT reception day with the whole gaggle of Rochester NY stations rolling in, along with Syracuse NY, Utica NY and Erie, PA too! Lots of newscasts were captured, and there was a wonderful commercial with the history of Utica’s WKTV that I caught! Syracuse was also buzzing with New York State Fair coverage on WSYR. There’s also a look at Erie’s Mayor Joe Sinnott on both WICU and WSEE. (WICU also featured a cute story about anchor Amanda Post’s son going to school….can you even imagine a story like that on a Detroit newscast?) There are also weather reports on WROC from the awesome Scott Hetsko who delivers energetic and humourous forecasts! (Plus I wrote to him to say how much I enjoy his weather reports and he wrote me a nice e-mail back! Go Scott!)

Click here to see my full Flickr gallery of pictures (commentary included!)

Below is a listing of all stations received and shown in my Flickr gallery for Sept 2, 2009.

Channels from Rochester, NY were:
8-1 (RF45) WROC (CBS)
10-1 (RF10) WHEC (NBC)
10-2 (RF10) WHEC-DT (WX)
13-1 (RF13) WHAM (ABC)
13-2 (RF13) CW-WHAM (CW)
21-1 (RF16) WXXI (PBS)
31-1 (RF28) WUHF (FOX)
42-1 (RF42) W42CO-D (TCT)

Channels from Syracuse, NY were:
9-1 (RF17) WSYR (ABC)
9-2 (RF17) WSYR-2

Channels from Utica, NY were:
2-1 (RF29) WKTV (NBC)
2-2 (RF29) WKTVDT2 (CW)

Channels from Erie, PA were:
12-1 (RF12) WICU (NBC)
12-2 (RF12) WBEP (CW)
12-3 (RF12) WSEE (CBS)
54-1 (RF50) WQLN (PBS)
54-2 (RF50) WQLN-S1 (PBS Create)
54-3 (RF50) WQLN-S2 (PBS)

Stay tuned to TV Garth for more Reception Reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment