Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rochester was BOOMING in!

Wowsa! I don't know what to say except WOW! The great Spring weather allowed Rochester, NY stations to reach me all the way in Markham. I wasn't sure if their digital signals would be strong enough to reach me, even in great weather, but today I got to see them and took many pics. These are just samples of what I got. Soon I'll upload more and categorize them properly (plus I have to add them to the Channel Guide on the left!) Mostly caught soaps, but how can you not love fuzzy stuffed animals from "It's a Big Big World" on 21-1 WXXI, or "The Donna Dewberry Show" on 21-3 WXXI-C (PBS Create)? I'd love to offer her a spin off show called "Dewberry Was A Lady"!


2 comments:

  1. hey garth j, do you think id be able to pick up anything in Toronto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chantal!

    You'd definitely be able to pick something up in Toronto :-) Factors vary with reception - like height (higher is better for an antenna), and if you have trees / buildings in the way. But I'm sure you'd at least get the Toronto channels, plus proabably Buffalo if you're in a good reception area ;-)

    ReplyDelete