Welcome to TV Garth!

Ever since I was a kid, I loved antennas and TV reception. It was always a thrill to hook up an antenna and see what stations I could get, and see if I could pick up anything from a far distance. With the transition to digital broadcasting happening, my love for OTA (over the air) reception came back and this blog will focus on what channels I'm able to receive via antenna from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada. Plus there may be occasional commentaries on shows that I see while adjusting my reception.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Meeting CFTO's Tom Brown at Markville Mall!

Back on November 29, 2011, I went out to grab a newspaper during a break from work at my local mall. Thank goodness I had a craving for news that day, because I stumbled upon a TV event taking place! My eyes popped out when I saw a CTV crew setting up to do a live broadcast with Tom Brown from Markville Mall for the 2011 Toy Mountain campaign. I was lucky enough to get a pic with Tom before he went on air!

CFTO's Tom Brown Visits Markville Mall Nov. 29. 2011

Tom Brown is CFTO's weatherman on the 6pm and 11pm news! He has a great, energetic delivery of the forecasts and is enjoyable to watch. In fact, he made it onto my list of top weather people of 2009! Click here for his full bio! (Pic below as seen on CFTO, RF9, on Nov. 29, 2011.)

2011-11-29

Since it was my dinner break, I wanted to eat, but also wanted to catch the broadcast. So I wolfed down some McDonald's in record time, and raced back to see the action! Here we have Tom with Ed Arabian (from Ed's Fine Imports) on the left and Markville Mall general manager Kevin Gray on the right! (The second pic comes from the recap of the event on CFTO's 11pm news!)

CFTO's Tom Brown Visits Markville Mall Nov. 29. 2011
2011-11-29

I was very impressed with Tom Brown's ability to "go big" for the camera when the live report started! Everything was more or less laid back until air time and then the magic happened!

CFTO's Tom Brown Visits Markville Mall Nov. 29. 2011

Here's Tom interviewing the dashing Ed Arabian! (I wouldn't mind experiencing some Arabian Nights...er...shopping for fine imported clothing at his store. That's what I meant...) I also think Rudolph should have at least bought Tom a drink before getting so...uh...comfortable with him!

CFTO's Tom Brown Visits Markville Mall Nov. 29. 2011

When I saw an official group shot being taken, I went into full TV Garth mode and shouted "Can I get another one over here?" From left to right are Ed Arabian, Kevin Gray, Tom Brown, and John Murray!

CFTO's Tom Brown Visits Markville Mall Nov. 29. 2011

Click here to see video of the event. The segment appears around the 11 minute mark!

Stay tuned to TV Garth for more festive follies and television fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment